Saturday, September 22, 2007

Relief For Mouth Pain After Dental Work

Years ago I had a lot of dental work done and was told by my dentist , who was a very kind, down to earth man, to use a tea bag for pain relief when the novocaine wore off.
At home a few hours later, the pain became intense, motivating me to try it. It worked, and quickly, and though it wasn't fun to stuff a tea bag into my mouth - well, the pain was even less fun, so the tea bag won.
Here's what to do : make a cup of tea, let it steep till it looks strong enough, then let it cool, you don't want to burn your mouth; if you are doing this you already have enough pain. Put the tea bag into your mouth in the area where the pain is.
Since it tended to gag me I also tried sloshing sips of the tea on the sore side of my mouth and
holding it as long as I could. This also helped but not as much as the whole tea bag.
That's it. Short and simple.