Sunday, December 2, 2007

Help For Colds and Flu

This seems an appropriate time to share with you my favorite remedies for colds and flu as it is December and everyone, including myself, seems to be suffering with colds or the flu.
A year and a half ago, on a summer day I was wandering around a health food store when I spotted a little box that said - quite simply - FLU. It was made by Hyland's and I had had excellent results with their products so I decided to buy it so I would be prepared whenever any of the family had the flu.
Fast forward to Thanksgiving! You guessed it; I woke up sick; company was coming for a dinner I was supposed to cook and I didn't know what to do. Rummaging in my remedies cupboard I spotted the little FLU box and took the required 3 pills, laid down for an hour and happily realized I felt about 80% better. You are supposed to take it every 4 hours and shortly after my second dose the flu just seemed to disappear! Didn't reappear either.
I've used it ever since and it always works quickly, not just on myself but on husband, sons, and friends.
I also use Lemon Essential Oil for colds and flu. This kills germs , which means the rest of the family doesn't catch that miserable cold, and , whoever is sick gets well faster. I use the lemon oil in a potpourri burner, the electric kind, as it's the most convenient for me, but you can use the oil in a vaporizer, aroma lamp, or the potpourri burners that use the little candles.
I read somewhere that Lemon Oil is used in hospitals in England to kill germs. With very good results.
Blessings, Gilly