Thursday, December 20, 2007

Alternative for Expensive Christmas Ornaments

I have a lot of interests and hobbies so there are a lot of things I spend money on. This could become expensive if I wasn't thrifty, so finding bargains has become another hobby. One that has turned out to be fun and gives me a sense of triumph when I succeed.
If you have ever admired Christmas trees lavish with beautiful hand painted, blown glass ornaments and thought you would enjoy collecting them but can't afford it here's an alternative.
Several years ago I started collecting those adorable glass angels, Santa's, penguins, rocking horses, etc. when I noticed them in the Dollar Store. Every year I have the fun of finding new ones and adding to my collection. Those beautiful, vivid colors are, according to the box, hand painted on hand blown glass. There is a huge variety, with lots of new ones every year.
My daughter in law, who has long been a collector of those expensive, big name, ornaments examined my dollar ones and was surprised at the quality. These are beautifully made, perfectly painted, etc. Later she checked her far more expensive ones and was surprised to find hers were made in China. Just like mine. LOL
Here's to enjoying life while being thrifty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for suggesting nice alternative to expensive Christmas ornaments!