Friday, December 28, 2007

Help For Putting Away Christmas

Last year my daughter in law found a great product called SNAPWARE. She was so excited about it I figured it had to be good and it is.
Basically it is three plastic boxes that snap together - on top of each other - building a small tower. Then the top box has a top with a handle. Each box has dividers so you can tuck away each treasure separately, but also has the option of not using them in order to enable you to pack away larger items. Except for the top the whole unit is see -through which makes it easy to see/find what you have.
Last year after Christmas I packed away my tree ornaments in the first SnapWare and was pleased at the ease of putting it away. When it was time to trim the tree this year I was more than pleased. No carrying a huge, awkward box up the stairs and finding everything jumbled together! Lightweight, carry it by the handle, and easy to find which box I want.
Another feature I really love is that you can add on extra boxes from another unit, enabling you to keep all related items conveniently together.
During this past year I have found these units perfect for storing my spools of ribbon, craft pieces for my floral hobby, ( all those little birds, hearts, wire, picks, etc. etc.) my collection of lace, sequins, and so on for my clothing embellishment hobby, and last but not least for storing my collection of vintage doilies and dresser scarves. (minus the dividers)
The convenience of being able to quickly find what I want and the absolute relief of being able to store a great deal of 'stuff ' in a small amount of space makes the price of these well worth it.
(You can stack these units as high as you like )
The price is - on sale - about $10 and this is the time of year they are usually on sale. Linen n' Things and Target carry them.
What other creative uses for them can you find?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i never heard of snapware.it sounds very useful for many things and i am going to look for it when i go shopping.