Thursday, January 3, 2008

Lavender Therapy For Frazzled Parents & Cranky Kids

I was a frazzled parent for many years. I kept giving birth to babies that for some reason just wouldn't sleep through the night. I don't mean just the first month or so, I mean years. Any mother knows that babies or toddlers that just won't stop crying and just won't sleep will equal one exhausted, stressed out mother. Sometimes rocking, singing, or walking the floor with them just doesn't work.
What does work is Lavender, a lovely smelling herb that is safe and calms and relaxes even the crankiest of little ones. There is a great product by Breck called Lavender Bedtime Baby Cream that promises to help soothe and calm baby right to sleep. It is also a wonderful moisturizer for their skin. (And yours.)
A gentle massage with this will likely help your little one forget the tears, calm down, and - finally - sleep. A little on the tummy might also be a good idea as a lot of the crying might be caused by a touch of indigestion. A bit more on the forehead would be a help - I swear all that crying must give babies a headache. I know it gave me quite a few.
Lavender can also help tired, stressed mommies to relax and get a good nights sleep. And those headaches? I use it for mine all the time.
Lavender has become an important staple in our home; the variety of ailments it can help with are incredible. It is a great thing to keep on hand as it works for everything from bee stings to burns.
This is posted in the Blog carnival at Having Patience » Blog Archive » Patience Therapy - A Carnival for Frazzled Parents
Blessings, Gilly

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great ideas I find your articles helpfull and easier to do every day tasks.

Gilly said...

Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying my articles; that's what they are for. Smile
Blessings, Gilly

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I've shared your website in my social networks!

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog jump out.
Please let me know where you got your design.
Thank you
my webpage > study