Friday, January 11, 2008

Discovering An Easier Way To Have Healthy Water

Water is my preferred drink. It's healthy and has no calories so what more could I want? Well, water that tastes good. Water in my area is now so heavily chlorinated that it tastes and smells like my pool. No one wants to drink it. So, I started buying the bottled water, quickly finding that the large bottles were not only annoying to deal with; I never seemed to have enough water no matter how many I bought. I decided to buy the individual bottles by the case. The largest case I could find.

The downside is that water is heavy. Lugging home those cases of 24 bottles every week is not fun. Even the young, healthy, checkout gals grunt a bit when they have to heave it across the counter. It also takes up too much room in the shopping cart, and too much precious storage room at home. All those empties are a nuisance too; my recycle bin runneth over, and I still was constantly running out of water.

Years ago we had one of those faucet things that filtered water; we weren't too pleased with it. You had to turn a little thing on the faucet when you wanted filtered water and it came out in an extremely slow trickle. Took forever to fill a glass and didn't taste good. Then we tried one of the pitchers to filter our water; that, too,was incredibly slow, and the water still tasted awful.

Determined to have clean, healthy, drinkable water I did some research and found that during the years I was lugging home all that bottled water wonderful things were happening with Brita.

They now have a water dispenser that fits neatly into the fridge and provides 18 glasses of great tasting, safe water (8 oz.) from it's own easy to use faucet, which quickly fills your glass.

I'm not only impressed with this product; I was impressed with the price. It was under $30 and the filters are only $15 for a package of 3. Considering they say you need to change the filter every 40 gallons or 2 months for the average family that breaks down to only $2.50 a month! This is much less expensive than buying bottled water at $20 to $25 a month!

My other issue was the ease of using bottles whenever I went outside or traveling around, but they have insulated cups with lids and sports bottles also insulated that will actually keep the water cold and are inexpensive.

So, this is my tip for simplifying life and saving money at the same time. Blessings, Gilly

Please leave comments. They make my day.


No comments: