Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tired Of Cooking?

I don't blame you; I am too. We all have those days when we are too busy, or too tired ,or just need some free time for ourselves. Of course there is always take out, or having dinner out, but that can get expensive and sometimes we just want to stay home.
I have learned to keep emergency dinners on hand. Fast, inexpensive, & quick clean up are my three rules for 'those' days.
My first meal - one that has become a favorite around here is one that I served one day for lunch to my daughter-in-law. She raved about all the trouble I went to and how delicious it was. I finally had to tell her the truth; that pot roast and mashed potatoes took me nine minutes in the microwave.
I used Tyson Beef Pot Roast in Gravy from Wal Mart - price just under $5 and 5 minutes in the microwave. Add Simply Potatoes - $2.49. and 3 minutes of microwaving. Add a can of vegatables - and some biscuits to pop into the oven and presto! You have dinner in about 10 minutes for $9. This will feed 3 people.
My daughter-in-law liked this so much that when we went to Wal Mart, she made me show her exactly where it could be found. She served it to her daughter, who also loved it and was impressed. Her daughter doesn't cook, so this was one meal she could serve her boyfriend.
These two products honestly taste like home cooking, and are a life saver on those days when you just don't want to spend a lot of time cooking, and cleaning pots and pans.

No comments: