Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Lavender For Bad Hair Days

Sometimes a bit of a disaster turns into a great new discovery. Recently I had a bad hair day and I mean A BAD HAIR DAY! I washed my hair and for some reason my hair just decided it was going to give me a hard time. Actually it's been doing a lot of that lately. I have fine, totally straight hair and on that particular day it was dry, dull,unmanageable, fly away, and completely flat with no life to it at all. I also looked like I had a head full of split ends that had just appeared out of nowhere. I was going out that day and since I didn't want to scare people I started feeling a bit frantic . So I tried some mousse, brushing, hair spray etc. etc. and nothing helped.By now I was running late and getting desperate and had no clue what the heck to do with my hair disaster when my eyes fell on my tube of Lavender cream. Since at that point I had nothing to lose I put a small amount on my palm, rubbed my hands together and ran them over my hair. Instant Miracle!My hair was shining, the split ends were invisible, it had bounce, life, volume and was totally manageable! I was amazed and grateful and even more pleased that it stayed that way all day.
Just make sure you only use a little bit as too much will make your hair greasy. You can always add more but the only way too deal with too much is to wash it out.
Blessings, Gilly